12826847

I am running a small business, I design and manufacture

Customer Question

I am running a small business, I design and manufacture wedding dresses and special occasion wear for children; www.biancamiele.comWe have taken part of the National Wedding Show at Olympia exhibition centre between the 22nd to the 24th of September this year.During the event a heavy metal part of the changing room felt on my business partner's arms. It was a very scary moment and thanks God was on her arm, but that piece could bang her head, her face, eyes and now we will be dealing with a very dramatic situation.The accident happened at the busiest time of the busiest day (Saturday around lunch time). All the paperwork, safety team visits, event organisers visits, contractors visitors consumed around 4 hours of the busier time of the event and during that time we couldn't receive potential clients in a normal way as we were surrounded by people dealing with the accident and my business partner was at the first aid department. I have taken pictures of everything that happened around the accident and I can email them to you upon request with the incident form we have filled at the event.I have got in touch with the events organisers and they told me to contact the contractors that build the stands of the event so I did. They initially answered my emails but since 12 days ago they have not answered my correspondence anymore.This event was the biggest milestone of this year for our business and this issue have had a huge negative impact on the results we expected.We have been preparing for this show for months and the level of effort has been huge considering the size of our businessI want to send a formal letter to the contractor claiming compensation for the disruption caused to me when doing my business. I want this letter to set out the legal basis of my potential claim. My actual claim would be £3,500 refund for Saturday fees (That was a three days event and the total cost of the enrollment fees, decoration, transportation, etc was above £12.000). I also want to claim an additional £3,000 - £4,000 for lost revenue on the basis that Saturday was the busiest day and I made sales around £2500.
I am attaching the invoices of the event and the report of the accident, I've tried to make the payment and i found an error, please let me know if there is another way to send this payment to you.Best Wishes,
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 17 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you would like to ask about this today please?