12826847

Please can you tell me where I stand on my legal position. I

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** ***** can you tell me where I stand on my legal position. I clipped a parked car in the dark causing some rear damage in my works vehicle I foolishly did not stop at the seen full of shock. instead of calling the police I called my boss as a result the next day my boss called me and I have lost my job. I have letter from the police asking me to reply voluntary ref the accident just would like to know what may happen. If you could reply back that would be great thankyou.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

They could prosecute you for failing to stop and report. That carries 5-10 points or a potential ban.

They would probably accept a plea to driving without due care and attention. That just carries 3- 9 points or a potential ban but that is not appropriate here.