How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5418
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

We chat 2 months ago on an issue, I had 2 months silence and

Customer Question

Hi, we chat 2 months ago on an issue, I had 2 months silence and now they have sent this below. Have you got access to the previous conversation we had? Many thanks
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 18 days ago.

Hello and thanks for asking for me,

Have you responded to this?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Not yet. Don’t know what to do
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 18 days ago.

Ok - it appears you didnt file a defence.

You need to do that and apply to set aside. You need to complete form N244:

You need to show you have some defence to the claim.

The Court will set the matter down for hearing and decide whether to set aside.

There may be a Court fee to pay, unless you are entitled to see remission.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I don’t understand I only received this letter nothing else why should I have file anything?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 18 days ago.

This says they have Judgment. They have already issued a claim against you.

It says Judgment in default and you must pay.

So on that basis you need to apply to set aside.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I just still don’t understand as I never received a claim form so how could I have replied? I will fill in the form and send it to the court and then ? I don’t understand that originallly I got in touch with you and you said based on all information provided they had no chance. And the threat of judgement was only to scare me. Thanks
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 17 days ago.

There is judgment against you. It’s valid. I know you didn’t get the claim form, but that is why you apply to set aside.

To be clear there is a Court Judgment against you, so you need to apply to set aside.

Does that clairfy?

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 days ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! Thank you.