12826847

I ordered a custom build pc online, made entirely to my

Customer Question

HiI ordered a custom build pc online, made entirely to my specifications, on 12/10/17 and received it on 1/11/17. My order included sending the original boxes of the components at £0.01.I took the pc from its packaging and it all looked fine. I started the pc and created a second user account, as is recommended practice. The pc has an Nvidia graphics card that has associated software. I opened the software and it said a new driver version was available. I downloaded and attempted to install. The install failed. I visited the Nvidia site to try redownloading from there directly. The site's automatic process searched my pc to advice on the correct driver. It gave the result that no Nvidia product was found on my pc. As in, the fitted graphics card was not being recognised. I attempted to reinstall the current driver which also failed. The pc is now using only the on board graphics and is not recognising at all the Nvidia graphics card I chose as a component.On originally opening the pc package I had noticed the one box that was missing was for the graphis card, but put it down to carelessness of the pc builders I ordered from. Having found a fault I checked the boxes I had received. The box for the motherboard has 2 stickers. One that was originally on the box at production which gives one serial number. The second has been added at a later date and gives a different serial number. That sticker also includes a customer number and 'fault desc: won't turn off'. The serial number of the fault sticker is the one that corresponds to the motherboard in the pc, another component chosen by me.At no point was I informed that the components would be anything other than new and unused. There is also nothing on the website. However, there is no description declaring that the components they offer will be new either.During the order process I ticked a terms T&C box, without reading them. Under Cancellation etc. they state that:
6.4 In respect of certain Goods the Supplier may prefer to arrange collection itself and, if requested, the Client will allow the Supplier to collect the Goods or have them collected by a courier of the Suppliers choosing and will assist in the arrangements for the Goods collection. All reasonable costs of collection will be borne by the Client. The Client is responsible for the care and custody of the Goods pending their return or collection. Following receipt of Goods which comply with this condition, the Supplier will refund to the Client the price paid in respect of the Goods.They do not specify a cost of return or how one would be calculated. I was not given that information at any point. Nor was I given a copy of the cancellation form.From what I understand, there are a lot of other faults in the T&C regarding customer rights, a 10% restocking fee for example.On finding a fault with the pc, and having read a number of reviews of the company that say they refuse refunds and any given are only after many months of fighting, I originally thought my best option may be my right to cancel, but am now not sure if that applies given that I have used the pc in order to find fault.I do not trust the company any more at all. I would like a full refund, including return delivery - the pc is heavy and in a 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 1 1/2 ft box - and without deductions because I am not at fault.Would you be able to advise my best course of action to achieve that with the least wrangling possible, please?If it's any help the T&C link https://www.computerplanet.co.uk/help/terms-conditionsThank you for reading
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 20 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Hello,As stated in the question:
I do not trust the company any more at all. I would like a full refund, including return delivery - the pc is heavy and in a 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 1 1/2 ft box - and without deductions because I am not at fault.Would you be able to advise my best course of action to achieve that with the least wrangling possible, please?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Hello again, My apologies, I'm not happy with how just ask has handled this, the lack of information or the terms and conditions. I would like to cancel my question and seek a refund. I appreciate you reading so far and thank you
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 20 days ago.

You don’t want me to answer the Question?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I do not. Thank you
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thank you. I have just had a refund
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 20 days ago.

ok