12826847

I just received Singel Justice Proedure Notice from TFL.

Customer Question

Good morning Pearl, I just received Singel Justice Proedure Notice from TFL.
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I work in london but lives Norhampton
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: On Monday 4th September 2017 around 06:28 in the morning I took bus 59 towards to Holborn from Euston station. I entered the bus from the middel of the bus and touched my card on the machine, the both machines showed red. I tried again to touch my card on the machine at the rear of the bus this time and again the same message showed up showing red. I took a sit believing there is something wrong with the machines.I have tried to explain this incident to the TFL ticket officer. I did not failed to provide a valid ticket because I had enough money in my oyster card.
On Monday 4th September 2017 around 06:28 in the morning I took bus 59 towards to Holborn from Euston station. I entered the bus from the middel of the bus and touched my card on the machine, the both machines showed red. I tried again to touch my card on the machine at the rear of the bus this time and again the same message showed up showing red. I took a sit believing there is something wrong with the machines.I have tried to explain this incident to the TFL ticket officer. I did not failed to provide a valid ticket because I had enough money in my oyster card.
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: No , thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 19 days ago.

What would you like to know about this please?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hi Jo, Could you please tell me what is the next step?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 19 days ago.

To do what?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Regarding the letter I got from TFL as Single Justice Procedure Notice. What should I do next ?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
On the 14th Sep I did send them email regarding my statement. But they didn't reply, so they send me the letter of Single Justice Procedure Notice.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 19 days ago.

To achieve what?

Sorry to be difficult but I really need you to ask a specific question.

Asking 'what is the next step' could be answered by saying "plead guilty at court" but that is probably not what you are asking.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Given the situation I explained before, I do not feel guilty. Is it neccessary to plead guilty in that case? Do I have any other options? Or returning a letter with 'plead guilty at court' statement is the only thing I can do now?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 19 days ago.

Is this is Reg 18 of the Railway By laws?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Could you explain please Reg18?