Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have a dorman account with Barclays Bank and all efforts

Customer Question

I have a dorman account with Barclays Bank and all efforts to reclaim my account balance has been impossible. I will be grateful if you can assist me to collect it or refer me instructions which can assist.
Robert Nyarkoh
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: The account is in Leeads University Branch of Barclays in UK l deposited when l was a student 15 years ago
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have completed all necessary form posted to them about a year ago and when the didn't return the money l reported to Onboseman who advised me to send in a new request l have done but still no response
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have all the necessary corespondent which l filed the money is 3000 pound l do sited in a savings accounts of 60 days
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 17 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Do you have evidence of the account?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have all the accounts details with me
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 17 days ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

If not, I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 13 days ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! Thank you.