12826847

I bought a car from a Dealer in Harrogate in April this

Customer Question

I bought a car from a Dealer in Harrogate in April this year. I did not realise that its status had been recorded as "SORN" i.e. Standard Off Road Notification. Due to this, I take it that I have been driving the car illegally since then. I imagine that I will have to face a heavy fine at least. For information, the dealer was ANDREWS AUTOPARCS OF HARROGATE. I do not mean to imply that that they would have been at fault.I would be most grateful if you could advise me on how to put matters to right. Kind Regards ***** ********@******.***Gavin Smith*****LEEDS LS17 8QL
Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

What is the offence that you have been driving?

Do the authorities know?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I HAVE BEEN DRIVING THE CAR WHILE NOT KNOWING THAT ITS STATUS WAS SORN. I NOW WISH FOR MATTERS TO BE PUT TO RIGHT.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

OK. So do the authorities know?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Can you advise whether I am likely to be prosecuted and if I will face a large fine, please?Thank You *****
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Can you possibly send me a text to update me, please, when you can. Thank You *****
Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

thanks. I really need the information I asked for?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I managed to resolve the issue with the help of the local dealer who originally sold the car to me. He advised that I had all the documentation needed for the car e.g Road Tax, MOT. Nothing to indicate that there was a SORN for the car. Thank you very much for your help.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 16 days ago.

No problem

All the best.