29905560

I would like to ask as we hang a posters in office at our

Customer Question

Good afternoon,I would like to ask as we hang a posters in office at our work place as we feel not value and treated not nice since new company took over. We work in care home. Always they mention a disciplinary for nearly everything . We so stressed there and hanged this poster Clients do not come first. Employees come first. If you take care of your employees they will take care of the clients. By Richard Branson. Now the manager is so angry and tray in all ways to find out who done this. Can his dismiss you for this or put on discipline? Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

How long have you, personally, worked for this employer for?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Good afternoon, I would like to ask as...
Good afternoon,I would like to ask as we hang a posters in office at our work place as we feel not value and treated not nice since new company took over. We work in care home. Always they mention a disciplinary for nearly everything . We so stressed there and hanged this poster Clients do notcome first. Employees come first. If you take care of your employees they will take care of the clients. By Richard Branson. Now the manager is so angry and tray in all ways to find out who done this. Can his dismiss you for this or put on discipline? Thank you
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I prefer to write not to call. Thanks
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I been working more than 4 years in this but new company just took over in June and its mean we a working for them not so long.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
5 month
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

OK, thank you for your response. Leave it with me for now and I will review the relevant information and laws and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Good afternoon. I did not received respond yet. How long I need to wait for this ?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the delay - my ipad ran out of battery earlier and have only managed to get back online.

As you have more than 2 years service continuously it does mean that you are protected against unfair dismissal. Si if the employer was to dismiss you personally then you could potentially challenge it.

Now whether they can dismiss in the first place is another question. They can try and argue that you have been guilty of insubordination - this is standing up to the company, not following orders, etc. This could be a dismissible offence. But I would say that if this was only a poster with a quote, rather than direct messages towards the employer or questioning them, it should be viewed less serious. Saying that, there is nothing stopping them from dismissing - it just means the affected employe will have to challenge the decision outside, such as to the employment tribunal and claim unfair dismissal.

Please take a quick second to leave a positive rating for the service so far by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above. I can continue answering follow up questions and in particular can also discuss The steps you need to follow if you end up being dismised. There is no extra cost for this - leaving your rating now will not close the question and means we can still continue this discussion. Thank you