31090051

What can we do my father was put to bed incorrectly by his

Customer Question

What can we do my father was put to bed incorrectly by his carers and slipped out of bed hitting his head severely breaking his nose and putting his teeth through his lip he was found on the floor the next morning dead the Coroner has said he died of pneumonia but he still fell off the bed because of the carers
Expert:  JGM replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for your question and I am sorry for your loss and the awful circumstances. Are you wanting to make a formal complaint or are you wanting to pursue competition for your late father’s estate?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
To make a formal complaint
Expert:  JGM replied 14 days ago.

Was this in a care home or at his own home.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
His own home
Expert:  JGM replied 14 days ago.

Have you lodged a formal complaint with the care company in accordance with their guidelines? That is your starting point, and you can escalate that to the area health board.