29905560

I am owed money by the company I work for and they keep

Customer Question

I am owed money by the company I work for and they keep sending me in circles trying to avoid me. I have a long term medical condition which I get pain over my body and have to go to hospital and they don’t pay me when I’m in hospital. I went for an operation on my toe and they did not pay me even though I brought all my proof that I had surgery done and how long I was off for. I am tired and I am owed over £1500 and I have all the evidence I need. What should I do?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 18 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

You need to write and set out your losses and request payment within 14 days or say will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

If not, I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Hi there are you an employee or self employed?