12826847

My husband has just got a letter from the CSA he was on the

Customer Question

Hello my husband has just got a letter from the CSA he was on the old system saying he owes 3000 in arrears, when the child was younger she is now 18 him & his ex partner came to a private agreement so was shocked when he got a letter saying his case closed in 2015 and owes 3000. The thing is we continue to pay the mother on a private agreement until march 2017 when we could of stopped paying 2 years ago so she had an extra 4000 from us. I have spoke to the CSA this morning and they have told me it is up to the mother if she wants to claim the arrears back. If she does can we claim the extra 2 years we have payed to her as like I said before we could of stopped paying 2 years ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for your quetsion

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Have they said how the arrears arose?