12826847

I'm a publican and had a visit from the licencing department

Customer Question

Good afternoon,
I'm a publican and had a visit from the licencing department and police recently, I now have to attend a recorded interview to discuss why I served 6 of my friends after my closing time, my pub was closed and these were friends of mine just playing a few games of pool and having a drink with me, yes i did pour a couple after my official closing time, I have received a letter sating that they could prosecute me for serving after time and also have accused me of letting two of them smoke in my bar which was not the case, so I could be in for a £2500 fine for the so called smoking that never happened and up to £20,000 for serving drinks this is my first offence of this where do i stand legally?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

Hi. I can help with this but I'm due at a conference at 16.00hrs.

I could continue tonight? Is that okay?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
ok but i will be working on the bar, but my wife can let me know when you get back to me
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I have just noticed that i have an option to talk to you on the phone, but I have just paid £56.00? so why is it asking me to pay a further £44.00 to receive a call?