13262538

My court order for child support states that it is based on

Customer Question

My court order for child support states that it is based on my P60, i.e. historical earnings. I have now left my job due to a dispute. I will pay a proportion of my compensation to my ex wife in accordnace with the order, but going forward, I will be unable to meet the amount based on prior years earnings. Do I need to apply to the court to vary the original order?
Expert:  Clare replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

You gave two choices - you can either apply to the court for a downward variation - or you can apply to the CMS for an assessment which would replace the Court Order completely (provided the order is more than 12 months old)

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details