12826847

Our club is using a piece of land that is leased from a main

Customer Question

Our club is using a piece of land that is leased from a main company to a company owned by one of the committee members. The lease states no subletting. As the director of the company leasing is on the committee of the club is it classed as sub letting?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome. Is there actually a sub lease document between the club and the committee member company? Does it pay rent? Could the club be removed at any time? You state the club is just “using” the land which could imply it is only there under licence? Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
There is no sub lease - the club pay the rent to the company who then pay the lease. I guess yes it could be removed at anytime. Im not sure it's there under licence. I was concerned the insurance would be invalid as it sounds like a sub let to me?
Thanks,