12826847

If a car is parked in a quiet residential location for a few

Customer Question

If a car is parked in a quiet residential location for a few months with the owner unable to return during this period, and the council puts in parking restrictions during this time, then places several tickets on the car, are there grounds for challenge? I was parked legally at the time and the street is very quiet.I submitted my points and the parking company has rejected my case and offered me a reduced amount of £35 on each ticket to pay within 28 days.When I returned to my car however, there were only ever 2 soggy tickets and not 4 tickets. I was only made aware of the two further tickets when they emailed rejecting my case and saying the other two tickets I had not appealed. I did not know of these and did not receive any letters since the summer regarding them either. The first I knew of them was in my rejection email.Either I pay £140 at the reduced rate or I challenge their tickets on the grounds I could not have reasonable been expected to know of imminent parking resteictions being inplemented after parking there for 20 years with no problem. The one time I parked and couldn't return to my car for several months, this happens.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

Who is the issuer please?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
North Essex Parking Partnership - a company that appears to be private and subcontracted by the council I would guess.During the time it was parked, my car was also hit by a van stolen from next door (yes you couldn't make it up) and several cars including mine were badly damaged and needed insurance work. I stated this in my case and they asked for pictures which I provided, and then asked for proof of where the car was picked up from by the insurer's panel recovery company. It should also be noted my battery was flat on return to my car, which is when I saw the damage. The police were aware, arrested the thiefs but did not inform me of the damage to my car at the location.Neighbours had wondered why no-one had picked up the car for so long (I was injured but cannot provide proof of this) but given none of the above changes the fact I parked legally and had no reason to suspect there would be any change to this it is all rather frustrating.I stated to the parking company that I was not aware of any changes and could not reasonably have been expected to know as I do not live there (and that) I did not move my vehicle as I could not physically do so safely. As I cannot provide proof of my injury my claim was rejected.Given this, my initial question took me back to basics and thinking that I parked legally, whatever drama unfolded after and no matter the reasons, and I had done nothing illegal. After putting in restrictions subsequently I became 'guilty' in their eyes when i was doing the safe and rightful thing.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
North Essex Parking Partnership - a company that appears to be private and subcontracted by the council I would guess.During the time it was parked, my car was also hit by a van stolen from next door (yes you couldn't make it up) and several cars including mine were badly damaged and needed insurance work. I stated this in my case and they asked for pictures which I provided, and then asked for proof of where the car was picked up from by the insurer's panel recovery company. It should also be noted my battery was flat on return to my car, which is when I saw the damage. The police were aware, arrested the thiefs but did not inform me of the damage to my car at the location.Neighbours had wondered why no-one had picked up the car for so long (I was injured but cannot provide proof of this) but given none of the above changes the fact I parked legally and had no reason to suspect there would be any change to this it is all rather frustrating.I stated to the parking company that I was not aware of any changes and could not reasonably have been expected to know as I do not live there (and that) I did not move my vehicle as I could not physically do so safely. As I cannot provide proof of my injury my claim was rejected.Given this, my initial question took me back to basics and thinking that I parked legally, whatever drama unfolded after and no matter the reasons, and I had done nothing illegal. After putting in restrictions subsequently I became 'guilty' in their eyes when I was doing the safe and rightful thing.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.

Sorry, can't continue for this price.

All the best.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
All I was looking for was a simple yes or no answer for £18 Jo, not £62 and vast explanation of statute to get nowhere.You offer far too high a price for poor advice. Snollygosters are not my thing.All the best in your career Jo.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

I see the expert has opted out. Do you still need help?