12826847

Can i put a claim in from my late ex husbands estate after

Customer Question

can i put a claim in from my late ex husbands estate after approx 8 years
Expert:  F E Smith replied 15 days ago.

Hello could you give me context to this claim please?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i didnt put in a claim for the joint house ,brand new car and every thing paid for,i just got the bank book of £6,000. i didnt get any thing from his private pension .at the time i was satisfied but after all this time one brother is still strange with me because of his late brother.ther there was no animosity between my ex and myself,but as his brothers have every thing and i now live in a council flat ,i thought i would enquire
Expert:  F E Smith replied 14 days ago.

If you have remarried, then you have no claim to make.

If there was a court order settling the finances at the time, then that draws a line under that.

It’s only really worth bringing a claim for a financial order after all this time if for example your ex had won the lottery or come into a substantial amount of money that would make it worthwhile