12826847

Just to paint a clear picture on the status; The transaction

Customer Question

Good Morning.Just to paint a clear picture on the status;The transaction details are;We have a partnership with a company in Norway called Maritronics and Batservice. We have been together for a number of years carrying out maintenance services for Total and Exxon Mobil. We had a concluded transaction with Exxon and had an outstanding balance ($32,200) to pay to them to close out the transaction and commence another one to which we are currently planning.At the time of payment, we got an email from an email address which is very similar to theirs stating they have some challenges with the account they usually operate and we should make the payment to another account owned by them also with the same company name and this instruction came on a letter head with their logo on it. For this reason, we honored it.Upon payment, we had been following up and it seemed to have taken unusually long and then we jointly decided to look at the account details and discovered it was a wrong one. At this point I alerted all parties involved and now at the point of recalling the funds.RBS responded to our request by confirming that they have discovered 24,000gbp or less in the account of the customer and have taken custody of this funds. They have also said they want us to issue them some documentation to facilitate the refund process. We immediately obliged them and then they forwarded back 11usd only to us. So we are at the point of confirming why they are sending 11USD when they confirmed that they had custody of the said funds.I will be willing to provide documents to show if required. I want to chase this and would appreciate it if I can get in touch with a good lawyer who can assist me in this process for a percentage fee of the sum.Thank you very much and I appreciate this.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Just to confirm - do RBS currently hold your funds? Have they said why they wont return them? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
They confirmed that they had extracted some money from the fraudulent bank account and needed us to ndemnify them before they can return the funds
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
We did that
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi...sorry ill be with you in a monent...just need to handle a few things for now
Expert:  Alex J. replied 14 days ago.

Thank you. Have they sent you the wording of the indemnity they require? Kind regards AJ