Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I asked the question :- how do I fight a beauty salon owner

Customer Question

I asked the question :- how do I fight a beauty salon owner who took £2800 cash -up front, as demanded, for three sessions of plasma non-surgical face lift treatments, with a promise that a difference would be seen within a few days, but final results would not be seen until after the last procedure. The treatments were to be six weeks apart. As an eighty year old lady, I found the needling treatment too painful to endure again especially as there was no improvement after the initial treatment. The salon owner Louise ., has categorically refused to make any refund available. I already paid a trainee solicitor £80 to try to pursue a claim, but her solicitor intimated that my solicitor had not handled the case properly. The salon name is ********* My Son, who is so upset about the fact that I did not check out on-line reviews before going ahead, has seen so many complaints about procedures and customers being refused refunds. Can you please help as I yours sincerely Sheila ******* Ms.had been saving for years to get my confidence back and thought this sounded perfect.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

What reason has the salon owner provided for not providing you with a refund? Please can you also tell me how long ago you made this payment?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The owner said that she never gives refunds and that I agreee
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Agreed and signed t and C's, which I have no recollection of .
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I cannot afford more money I'm afraid for phone calls at £44
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

OK no problem at all and thank you for your response. Leave it with me for now and I will review the relevant information and laws and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

Thanks for your patience. If the company outright refuses to refund you then your only option would be to consider going to court.

If a party wishes to pursue another for a debt arising out of a dispute between them, they can do so by making a claim in the civil courts. As legal action should ideally be used as a last resort, there are certain steps that should be taken initially to try and resolve this matter informally and without having to involve lawyers or the courts. These can be summarised below and it is recommended the following procedure is followed to try and progress this matter further:

1. Reminder letter – if no informal reminders have been sent yet, one should be sent first to allow the other party to voluntarily settle this matter.

2. Letter before action – if informal reminders have been sent but have been ignored, the other party must be sent a formal ‘letter before action’ asking them to resolve this amicably within a specified period of time, usually 7 to 14 days. They should be advised that if they fail to do contact you in order to resolve this matter, formal legal proceedings will be commenced to pursue them for the debt in question. This letter serves as a ‘final warning’ and gives the other side the opportunity to resolve this matter without the need for legal action.

3. If they fail to pay or at least make contact to try and resolve this, formal legal proceedings can be initiated. A claim can be commenced online by going to www.moneyclaim.gov.uk. Once the claim form is completed a copy will be sent to the other side and they will have a limited time to defend it. Once they are aware that legal proceedings have commenced it may also force them to reconsider their position and perhaps prompt them to contact you to try and resolve this.
As a final tip, it is always advisable to keep copies of any correspondence sent and received as the courts would like to refer to it if it ever gets that far.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
As I explained earlier, I need someone to look at the various paperwork and take the load off my shoulders, as this has made me feel so despondent. So far I have wasted £2,800 +£80+£38 to you.,and I am very unhappy.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 12 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How many pages are there?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

I need to see someone face to deal with it for me. As I said, at 80years old, my concentration is not as it was previously. I should like the refund you offered if possible. Thank you, S. ********

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 12 days ago.

http://ww2.justanswer.co.uk/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0