12826847

Please can you help. I bought a house in 2003, it was on

Customer Question

hi please can you help. I bought a house in 2003, it was on leasehold. I pay a yearly charge of £100 which has not changed since purchasing the property. With all the recent negative publicity on leasehold houses, I called the management company today to see if I could get a quote for buying the freehold. They responded by saying they would not sell and refused to give me any further information. Do I have a right to buy freehold, is there anyway I can take this further. I am greatly concerned
Expert:  F E Smith replied 12 days ago.

Hello who are they and what exactly was the reason for not wanting to allow you to purchase freehold?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
they said they are not willing to sell at this point in time, management company is estates & management limited. company holding the freehold are apparently called fareholdings