Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My policy was cancelled for my car insurance however it was

Customer Question

My policy was cancelled for my car insurance however it was just for speeding 12 mph over the limit. I had a telematics box. I never received a speeding fine, any point on my license or any convictions for that matter. My insurance was £1300 a eyar and now I would be lucky to get anything for less than £5,000 a year which is completely ridiculous! I would understand if this was put up by £1000 a year just say, but an additional £4000 means I will probably never be able to afford insurance again now. What can I do?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 14 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Does the policy say it can be cancelled for this reason?
Did you fail to declare a conviction?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi, I had a black box. Unfortunately I did go over the speed limit and got a warning for this. I understand I was in the wrong but now I cannot get insured anyway. I have no convictions they just monitored the box and told me it would be cancelled after a few warnings. I just can not afford insurance anymore as it’s £5000-£6000 a year. I want to know how on Earth you can charge this amount of money because of speeding 12 mph over the speed limit?!
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 14 days ago.

Does the insurance say it can be cancelled for this regard?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Well yes as I have black box? But this isn’t the problem the problem is the amount of money it now costs. I want to know why it is so expensive as I’ll never be able to drive again
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 14 days ago.

Sure. What you need to do is write a formal complaint to your existing insurers. They will investigate it and come back to you.

If they do not uphold the complaint then and only then can you complain to the Financial Ombudsman.

They will investigate the matter and offer a free, independent service at: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

That should resolve the matter for you.

If not, I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I was paying £1300 for a yearly insurance which for an 18 year old is expensive. When trying to get insurance all they ask is whether I’ve had a cancellation. They don’t ask for the reason why the policy is cancelled. There are a lot worse reasons for being cancelled such as no payment, failing to hand over information etc so I’m being catergorised when I’ve done hardly anything wrong
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 14 days ago.

Yes. Did you see my response above?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I’ve told you that I’ve already been through the ombudsman and nothing worked. This service has provided no i
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No additional information and for that reason I would like a refund
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 14 days ago.

Did you see my response above about the Ombudsman etc?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
in my notes I had already mentioned that I’ve been down that route
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It states that I can have a refund on your site if I’m not happy and this has not helped me in the slightest so I’d like my money back please
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 14 days ago.

http://ww2.justanswer.co.uk/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0