Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am acting on behalf of my son who has received an

I am acting on behalf of my son who has received an invitation to pay a parking invoice, thereafter a final notice and now a debt collection letter. The first two have totally black photos just with a picture of the registration number on them, nothing in the background to actually prove where it was, and also this was daytime in June, so we assumed it was a scam. I have spoken to them and they say the norm is to send out ambigious (not their words) photos. They stated they have other photos but I have to go through the appeal process on their website to get these So I asked if I could appeal at this late stage, and I was told that they would look at all appeals. So, I tried to get on the website given (www.appealyour charge.co.uk) just to find this message "this website is reserved for client of www.aspnethosting.co.uk or does not exist or has just been suspended from website panel" Upon receiving the final notice, I took a trip to South Yorkshire Police Station in Doncaster for advice, where I was told not to pay it as there was insufficient evidence in the photos to prove anything. Clearly I do not want this to go any further. Would really appreciate your advice. Thanks
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: We live in Bentley Doncaster, and the invoice is for Doncaster town.
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Nothing has been filed with the court, we have just received 2 letters (original invoice and final notice0 from G24 and one now from DRP (debt Recovery Plus)
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that it is , however when I have spoken to both parties, they say we should have appealed, but thinking it was a scam we did nothing about it.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 27 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What was the contravention? Has he appealed to POPLA yet?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
They state that he overstayed the free parking time. No we have not appealed on poplar ( unaware it existed until now)
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 27 days ago.

Ok. I would go to POLPA, they are an independent appeals body:

https://www.popla.co.uk/

Worst case is that it goes to a small claim. They would have to show, to a Judge, that he overstayed.

If not, then their claim fails.

If not, I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
They state that he overstayed the free parking time. No we have not appealed on poplar ( unaware it existed until now)I've looked at poplar and it states I need a verification number which I have and a rejection notice which I don't have because I cannot get on the website to appeal directly with them - does this matter ?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 27 days ago.

No, put in what you can.

But even if you cant appeal with POPLA (they may not be a member) a Judge can still decide the issue at Corut.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
They state that he overstayed the free parking time. No we have not appealed on poplar ( unaware it existed until now)I've looked at poplar and it states I need a verification number which I have and a rejection notice which I don't have because I cannot get on the website to appeal directly with them - does this matter ?Thank you I will start the ball rolling with poplar. Many thanks for your help.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 27 days ago.

All the best.