Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am a 50/50 partner Director of three companies with my

I am a 50/50 partner Director of three companies with my estranged husband, I have just discovered that I have been terminated as director of all three companies with no prior or recent knowledge is this legal
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 27 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Are you Shareholder as well? Does he run the companies?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
50/50
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I am a 50/50 shareholder up until June when he let himself into our house he removed all of the financial control (cash and documentation) from the premises without even consulting me.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 27 days ago.

I assume you are still on as shareholder?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I am a shareholder as far as I am aware as stated above
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 27 days ago.

Ok. Then no, its not legal. You can ask him to get re-instated or seek a Court order.

You also should check any Directors agreement or articles of the Company to see if you can get removed.

But in the absence of this then you can seek a Court order.

You would need to complete form N208:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n208-eng.pdf

The Court will set the matter down for hearing and decide whether to order you be returned.

If the Court does and he refuses, this could be contempt of Court which he may be warned, fined or sent to prison.

If not, I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Thank You
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 27 days ago.

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the top of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!