29905560

I have a friend who has been off sick for 2 weeks and now

Hi i have a friend who has been off sick for 2 weeks and now her manager is calling to book a home visit. My friends sick note ends on 22.11 and she was planning to extend it if needed for another week but wth the home visit my friend is scared.she hs been wth the company for 15 years and her last sick was 1.5 years ago and the company is a large corporate company. My friend has a valid diagnose from the doctor
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 26 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 26 days ago.

Is there a policy in the workplace which deals with home visits like this one?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
There is home visits done in her company but she understands its usually after 4 weeks
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 26 days ago.

Thanks and what would you like to know about this please?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Can the company do a homevisit so soon
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 26 days ago.

The employer cannot force the employee to accept a home visit, at any time. In any event, the employer should follow its own policies that are in place and if the relevant policy here says that a home visit should only be done after 4 weeks’ of absence, then the employee can refuse the home visit on those grounds. Even after 4 weeks have elapsed, if the employee is not ready to have a home visit they can still ask for a postponement until it is reasonable for them to have someone visit them. The worst the employer can do if a home visit is rejected is to consider disciplining the employee but that will likely be unfair as long as there are reasonable grounds for refusing it in the first place. At this stage there are because the policy says that a visit is not even due yet., Later on there may be more reasons to reject a visit, depending on how the employee is feeling.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you