12826847

My dog was allegedly hit on a highway by a car. I dont

My dog was allegedly hit on a highway by a car. I dont believe that the dog was hit on a highway but an adopted road. Am I still liable for any alleged damage to the vehicle?In situ the vehicle had a damaged headlamp and a damaged bumper yet the work itemised on the vehicle arose to 7 hours of body work and 9 hours of paint work. Seeing that the driver did not state to the police that my dog had caused the damage can I contest his bill for the bodywork that the insurers have sent to me.No police report was obtained neither did police attend the scene. The driver stated that the accident was nobodys fault.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 27 days ago.

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I need to know the following answers please:-
Am I liable for the alleged damage to the vehicle if the accident was on an adopted highway
Am I liable for damage given that the driver stated to the police it was not my fault
Was it the drivers responsibility to get the police to attend the scene if he believed that the accident was my fault
Can I contest the amount of the claim as it does not correlate to the damage my dog sustained