Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I recieved a parking charge notice from smart park with

Customer Question

Hi, I recieved a parking charge notice from smart park with regard to a car park in Whitby. What happened was i woke up with an eye infection and was directed to a chemist shop in whitby as i was staying close by. There was a carpark so me and my wife pulled into the carpark but unfortunately there where no spaces available. I jumped out and went to the chemist while my wife waited for a space to become free. she drove round a couple of three times but no space had become free, and by then i was back from the shop so we left. They charged 85.00 and i expalined all this to them which they were not prepared to accept. we were only there 11 mins and now they are threatening us with court action if we now dont pay 160.00. My argument with them is to pay for a parking ticket then one must surely be parked as to park means to leave the vehicle in a parking space. I explained that my wife waited with the car for a space.surely one is allowed to wait for a space without prejudice or consequence. Some advice on this would be much appreciated please.
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Whitby is in North yorkshire x
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: We have had the letter from smart park saying they dont accept our appeal. We have recieved the letter from Debt recovery plus ltd saying we have to pay the 160.00, and now a second letter giving us till 28.11.17 to pay or they will advise their client smart park to take me to court x
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: No i Dont think so how much does advice cost please x
Assistant: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: Do i getb to see the cost before the advice please x
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 24 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
What should i do as being threatened with court action please
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Please can you advise what i should do please thank you
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I am on my mobile now 07540 930446 please email me your answer at***@******.*** and i will get it
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 23 days ago.

I see you asked for a call. One of my colleagues should have called you.