31090051

I have a shared drive that is subject to rights of way which

I have a shared drive that is subject to rights of way which the neighbour is fully aware of. He and his visitors over the last eight years have consistently obstructed the drive and it's access from the road, and now the teenage son and his friends deliberately leave their bikes in the drive blocking the access. I'm the only one using it for access to my garage,they have a hardstanding in front of their property for parking 2 cars. I have repeatedly asked them to keep it clear and their usual response is "you only have to knock". They have never had to knock on my door. What can I do to ensure the right of way is adhered to.
Regards, ***** *****
Expert:  JGM replied 21 days ago.

Thanks for your question. You should have your solicitor write a detailed letter to these people pointing out your rights under the title deeds and that there should be no need for you to knock on their door. That is nonsense. The letter should say that if they don’t leave the access clear you will take a court action to make them do so and you will seek the costs of doing so from them. A properly and strongly worded letter is often all that is required in this type of situation but if necessary you can go to court for the necessary order. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.