Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I run a series of markets. One of my stall holders attacked

I run a series of markets. One of my stall holders attacked one of our event managers on Sunday. I sent an email on Monday to explain she was to be removed from our events moving forward and we will give her a refund for future events.
We have no contract. She is claiming we have breached a contract.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 20 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help,you.

Do you issue any licence ?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
No we don't. We invite stall holders to join our event and send confirmation and ask them to pay be a particular time. We also ask them to provide proof paperwork, which is insurance, health and hygiene, and registered cooking premises.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
This particular stall holder hasn't provided that paperwork.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Hello Sapna,
Unfortunately no member of my team is willing to work with you. I have explained numerous times that your complaints and disagreements with our team and other stall holders has caused anxiety to not only myself but also my team. I do not understand what you hoped to gain with arguing with Matilda at the beginning and end of the event on Sunday, but the consequence of it is that you have left her traumatised. We cannot tolerate abuse towards our staff and they deserve the right to feel safe in their workplace.
All the factors written in the previous emails contribute towards the decision that we cannot continue to work with your company.
It is a requirement by Salford council that we collate health and hygiene document’s for Lowry Outlet Christmas and we have evidence that you would not supply us with the information Salford Council needed, a requirement of showcasing at Lowry Outlet Christmas.
We have your written version of what happened on Sunday and have other testimonies, including Matilda who is a trusted and respected member of our team.
We have collated evidence of disagreements you have had with other stall holders at our events.
Knutsford Town Council will not work with you due to offensive behaviour towards other stall holders and excuses made regarding paperwork.
We are aware that you have been canvassing support whilst at our events for a book of nightmares regarding the Makers Market and this in itself is defamation of our business.
We have been very fair to you over the years and supported you, and whilst we have had a good relationship for some of the time, we have found it difficult to manage your often difficult behaviour. I had to stop answering a lot of your phone calls over a year ago, due to the phone call frequency and the levels of anxiety they created for me. I have explained to you numerous times that we couldn’t keep having disagreements and the additional work of addressing issues with other stall holders, and continue working together.
Whilst collating evidence I have found an unprecedented number of payment chasing emails which represents hours of working time and illustrates your reluctance to pay within the needed time frame.
I emailed you yesterday before liaising with my solicitor because I wanted you to know our decision as soon as possible. We will not change our decision.
Please stop the phone calls and emails, and cease contact. I will not reply to further emails, phone calls or agree to meet. I have asked you to send over your bank details to Lisa so that we can refund payment.
Kind Regards
Victoria Crane
Director
The Makers Market
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 19 days ago.

Ok. In that case you can end it - there is nothing they can do.

I see your email to Sapna, that is fine.

They can not sue for breach. They have no contract, they have no licence.

As such, nothing has been breached.
So I would not worry about it - they cant do anything.

If not, I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thank you Jamie, I appreciate your help. 5 star on its way.