29905560

Ben, we spoke on Sunday regarding some building work. This

Hello Ben, we spoke on Sunday regarding some building work. This guy is now threatening court action if we don’t pay him for the works that was not in the original contract. This work has also not fully completed as per the contract. He is totally avoiding the fact that he has breached the original contract and there is still major works remaining. Sent his bank details this morning to pay or else. He is also asking for money for the ceiling plaster that I told him not to do.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 21 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 21 days ago.

As discussed when we spoke, there is nothing stopping him from taking this further, even if he is in the wrong. Each party has the right to put their side of the story forward for independent deliberation, although of course it does not mean they will be successful.

So your position now remains largely the same - you cannot be forced to pay him anything at this stage - it is still just a request on his part, which you are free to dispute and challenge further.

If he wants to go to court, he can. If he does so though, you will have good grounds to challenge it and to dispute what he is after. In the event he is somehow successful, your liabilities will not be too large and worst case scenario is that you pay for what he is after and the court costs (which won’t be too high). However, based n what has happened so far I doubt you will ever be found responsible for all that.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Do I need to answer his emails or ignore him? Can we counter sue him for breach of contract should he take things further?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 21 days ago.

You do not have to respond to his emails. You may certainly put in a counter-claim if needed to pursue him for any losses you have incurred as a result of his breach