Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I an currently suspended from my school. On 2nd November 17

I an currently suspended from my school. On 2nd November 17 we reached and agreement and the age end to pay me £30000, and my gross salary in lieu. The 30000 they wanted to pay me in January 18 (no date set out). I asked if they could pay this on 2nd December 17, so that I could start the new year afresh. They have now gone back on the original payment and now want to pay me over 6 months and if I do not accept by the end of the day, I will have to face the disciplinary panel. This works out less money than what was agreed.I believe we had a verbal agreement that was laid out in writing and I also have the full agreement ready to be signed. Please can you advise.
Expert:  Jenny replied 20 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Was the agreement subject to be signed by a particular date?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
There was no agreed date, however they stated that as soon as I sign it they would make the first payment. In addition I would exchange school equipment. I requested that they make the second larger payment in December the end of my contract.