13262538

My ex is fraudulently claiming domestic violence in order to

my ex is fraudulently claiming domestic violence in order to get legal aid in family court. how do I report this
Expert:  Clare replied 21 days ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What evidence has your spouse relied on?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
he is not my spouse. He is the father of my child and as far as I understand he has just alleged on the legal aid forms that he has been the victim of domestic abuse in order to get legal aid in order to get support in child hearing. I just need to know who I can contact to get his claim looked into. As far as I am concerned he is illegally claiming legal aid. It just seems to have been accepted that his allegations are true - which they are not and I can provide evidence to prove this. I feel that it is really unfair that he is getting legal aid under false pretenses and all I can find on line is what to do if he's lying about his income.
Expert:  Clare replied 20 days ago.

He cannot simply say so on the form - he had to produce evidence to get the Legal Aid.

You are entitled to write to the Legal Aid Agency to challenge the grant

Please ask if you need further details