F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

We are selling our mum's house to cover nursing home costs.

We are selling our mum's house to cover nursing home costs. Will there be income tax on the sale as income?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 18 days ago.

Hello what is the likely amount the sale will realise and what do you mean by 'as income'? thanks

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
The sale will be about £525 - 550K. I may may have used the word 'income' incorrectly. I simply mean when we sell the house for our mum so that we can pay for her nursery home charges, will the sum from the sale be liable to any form of tax?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
OK I'll continue with the online conversation. I sent a later addition to my first question which is: will there be any tax to pay on the sale of our mum's house which is going to fund her nursing home costs? The house should realise £525 - 550 K.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 18 days ago.

We spoke