Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I buy a car on finanțe 9 days ago and after 1. Day of buying

Hi i buy a car on finanțe 9 days ago and after 1. Day of buying the car starts to come out faulty things on display can I return the car back because once it started Whitt defects I’m afraid that in the future it’s going to be more defects the car is 2014 . ???
Assistant: What confuses you?
Customer: I’m afraid that if they will repair the car now after one month or maybe one weeck comes another defects and I don’t have time to go to them 5 times a week I’m working what is the best way to solve this ?? Give the car back to them ??? Or leave them to fix it ??
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: To them ??
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: I been yesterday there they didn’t fix the error and I have appointment on Tuesday to leave the car for fixing
Expert:  Jenny replied 19 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.

Have you told them you reject the vehicle or have you agreed to repair? I'm not clear from your question.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I didn’t told them yet . I don’t now what to do .
Expert:  Jenny replied 19 days ago.

Ok no problem, Was it bought from a dealer and did they provide the finance or was that separate?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
From a dealer
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
For what it’s that 47£ deposit I get back the deposit or it’s a sort of payment ??
Expert:  Jenny replied 19 days ago.

Ok that's fine. Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 you have the right to reject a second hand car if it is not of satisfactory quality taking into account the age and mileage of the vehicle.

You have very limited time to do so, you must do so within 30 days of purchasing the vehicle.

I would therefore suggest you take the car with the keys and documents to the dealer along with a letter stating that you are rejecting the car as it is not of satisfactory quality under the Consumer Rights Act.

If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Many thanks . But if they don’t want to accept back what should I do ??
Expert:  Jenny replied 19 days ago.

If it is not of satisfactory quality then they must take it back as it is your legal right. Ultimately you would have to take them to court under the Act but I think it is likely they will agree to it being returned.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
The last question for what is that deposit 47 £???
Expert:  Jenny replied 19 days ago.

There is a charge for using this, it is not a free service. I don't deal with the financial side of things I just answer questions.

I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
For the moment huge many thanks . It was very helpful I go today to the dealer to give back the car and if they don’t want should I contact you ??
Expert:  Jenny replied 19 days ago.

Yes let me know if they cause a problem.

I would be grateful if you would rate my answer positively as I am not otherwise credited for the time I have spent answering your questions.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Just one question and I’m done how long I can ask questions for the amount paid ?? Many thanks .
Expert:  Jenny replied 19 days ago.

You can ask follow on questions relating to the same issue for the same fee.