Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My son & his girlfriend were 3 months into a fixed term

My son & his girlfriend were 3 months into a fixed term tenancy when they split up. The landlady agreed to remarket the property & a new tenant was found. I was asked to empty the property at the end of November, returned the keys & the Agent carried out an end of tenancy check on 1 Dec. Subsequently the new tenant has decided not to move in so the Agent has contacted me advising my son & his girlfriend are liable for the rent up to the end of the fixed term agreement. Can you advise the legal position please?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

I am sorry to hear of this situation

Just to be clear, was the agreement liability would end when a new tenant was found, or if a new tenant moved in?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it was agreed.

I will call shortly.