Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I recently accepted a job with a house rented for me, i pay

good morning. i recently accepted a job with a house rented for me, i pay bills and a small part of rent. i have not been presented with a contract. the job turned out to be intolerable and after my employer screaming and swearing at me i told him i quit. this was friday evening. He gave me until monday 5pm to get out of the house. I have found a new job and also somewhere else to move to, but the earliest i can get in is tuesday 19th. i have messaged my ex employer and explained this but i am now receiving by email solicitors letters saying that if i am not out by monday at 5pm locks will be forced and my furniture removed at my cost. I have assured them i will be out on the tuesday . Do emails sent at 10pm count or should i receive a letter and can they legally force entry. is there specific procedures they have to go through first. please help. Regards ***** *****

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Are you renting the whole part of the house, or just a room?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
archie watson racing is renting the whole house. he pays 850 per month i payed 150 a month that was the agreement , money was taken out of my weekly wage. have only been in the property 3 weeks but was tempted down for work on false promises, was told initially that an unshared house came with the job. when i moved my furniture down fromyorkshire there was 2 other people in the house already.hence them then having to rent this property where i would be paying all the bills..i just would like to know if what they are saying by emails at 10pm at night are correct or are they just trying to frighten me.

Ok - they cant therefore get you out with a Court order.
They are trying to frighten you.

If they change the locks, then they can be prosecuted under the Protection From Eviction Act 1977.

They must get a Court order, where you are renting and occupy the whole house.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the rental contract is in Archie watson racing name, i have assured them i will be out on tuesday. what sort of solicitor issues instructions saying get out or your things will be removed at 10pm on a saturday night. So they cant force their way in on monday evening after 5pm and start removing things seeing as i have had no solicitors letters or court orders. is that correct.

They shouldn't be emailing so late. They can not force their way in. If they turn up, call the Police.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you for all your help

All the best