Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

We have had a static caravan on Sunnyvale for 40 years, we

We have had a static caravan on Sunnyvale for 40 years , we have been told they won't renew our licence and have 28 days to move caravan ,to do this we have paid out £19000 , it is a new manager and hasn't given us any reason for not renewing our licence ,do we have any legal rights , plus he has sent me a email which was intimidating and abusive ,where do we stand

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Is this your main home please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

They can't do this. They need a Court order. If someone has an agreement to live in a ‘park home’ as their only or main residence on a protected site then they will have the benefit of the rights and protections provided by the 1983 Act which implies a number of important terms into their agreement. These cover such matters as to how the agreement can be terminated, how the annual ‘pitch fee’ can be changed and the process that needs to be followed when buying or selling (or gifting) the home.

As such you can refuse to leave and the only way they can get you to move is a Court order. There would need to be a very good reason why they are refusing - generally if you had been bad tenants, anti-social behaviour etc.

But you should read this for more information:

https://parkhomes.lease-advice.org/protection-against-harassment-under-the-mobile-homes-act/

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry no the caravan is not my home

Ah I see. In that case, your rights are more limited. Please see:

https://www.gov.uk/park-mobile-homes

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thanks for the information ,

All the best