31090051

Two weeks again I informed by partner of two years that I

Two weeks again I informed by partner of two years that I wanted to end our relationship. We jointly own a house in Scotland which was purchased on 24 Jul 17. Given I am subject to pressure, birth from my partner and some family members, I'm not comfortable staying there. However, it should be noted that I haven't been asked to leave. My plan is to stay elsewhere tonight ion try and defuse some of the emotion. If I were to do so am I forfeiting any legal rights that I have in relation to what the final outcome is re the property?Thanks in advanceJim

Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. As you jointly own the property you are not forfeiting any legal rights if you don’t stay there. The right of ownership still exists as does the right of occupation, assuming that your partner doesn’t seek an exclusion order from a court, only available if there has been domestic violence. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.