29905560

I have worked for my company for nearly 20years. It has just

I have worked for my company for nearly 20years. It has just gone bust. I was 65 in September and have been told by someone that as I'm over retirement age I'm not entitled to redundancy. Is this true.
Regards *****

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Are they in a position to pay redundancy in normal circumstances?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, I think we will have to claim for it.

There was a tapering off system years ago for those over 64 if they were being made redundant but with the abolition of the retirement age around 10 years ago this was also removed. So my will certainly be eligible for redundancy pay.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so much. You really have put my mind at rest.

You are welcome and all the best