12826847

I was arrested on 1st sept 2017, for importation of a class

I was arrested on 1st sept 2017, for importation of a class b substance, during a 5hr search of my house the police also found 3 cannabis plants. A bag of white powder which is a plant hormone and approx 10 grams of cannabis resin. I was bailed to appear back at the police station on the 8th december, which the police then cancelled. Ive heard nothing from the police since, how long can they keep me on bail and in a state of limbo. Im in Northern Ireland and was arrested under pace.

Hi for background do you have any previous?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also to clarify the 7grams of herbal cannabis they initially raided my house for was found in the local sorting office, it had been posted from England. No not for drugs, i do have a conviction for riotous behaviour in 1999 for which i got a £50 fine.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry im currently off work sick and cant afford the phone call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The plant hormone is a substance called Ga3 or giberillic acid and is used in cultivation

OK.

Are you asking what sentence youll face?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Id like to know how long they can keep me on bail for without charging me and how long they can keep my phone for. I gave them the pin number so they didnt have to hack into it. But what possible sentence would be nice also.

This is an either way offence so there are no time limits.

There are some offences that restrict them to 28 days but this is not one of them.

Your phone can be held until the conclusion of the trial. Generally they will do that even though they could just rely on the downloads.

To give you any reliable idea of sentence I would need more information. The importation would rack up the options if this remains a matter of importation. Sounds like simple possession to me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How can they claim importation into Northern Ireland from England when its all part of the UK, how can someone import into the Uk when its already in the Uk.

I don't imagine they will charge it as importation.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok that great thanks for your time.

No problem.

All the best.