Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I got my partner arrested for assaulting me and it has been

I got my partner arrested for assaulting me and it has been taken to court under the charge of assault by besting. The first court date was adjourned and i have been summoned for the next. If i drop the charges will that summons still stand?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Yes. You can't drop the charges. You made a complaint - it is now a Police investigation.

You don't have a say in the prosecution. You can withdraw your support from the prosecution - but you can't drop the charges.

They can still proceed with the 999 call made and any photos taken.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if i withdraw my support of my statement does the summons still stand in this case?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If i was to withdraw my statement also what would the repercussions be for me in relation to this?

Yes the summons still stands. If you withdraw your statement, then the Police will consider this.

They may continue or stop the prosecution.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you, ***** ***** opinion in the case of the summons would it be wise to persue this route and what are the potential repercussions of this in terms of my reasoning, would i get in trouble for doing so potentially?

It is up to you, but the chances are the Police will proceed with the prosecution.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the top of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you in advance and good luck!