12826847

I hit a parked car today in the gym car park I left my

I hit a parked car today in the gym car park I left my details with the gym but haven’t heard anything do I need to do anything else

What time was this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi it was about 11 30 am

You need to report to a police station within 24 hours. Strictly speaking it should have been done immediately but as long as you do it within 24 hours they won't take any action against you.

You could phone them now on the 101 number and notify although you will have to go in as well.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks ok I didn’t realise I will go in tomorrow am - will they pass my details on it only if the other person reports the damage ( I am not sure if they have my details already from the gym )

No, they won't pass on your details but if he reports they will give you his to make contact.

If you don't make contact they may prosecute then.

nothing will happen about this as long as you report to a police station.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you that’s great appreciate your help I will attend the police station first thing

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.