29905560

I purchased a car on the 22nd of Dec from Halshaw I have now

I purchased a car on the 22nd of Dec from Evans Halshaw I have now got to take it back for the second time for the same problem where do I stand if I was to ask for my money back or change it for another car
Yours truthfully P. Cochrane

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Have they tried to repair it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
for Ben Jones
Yes they took it in on the 10th Jan they had it in for a week now I have take it back for the second time for the same problem

Thank you. When a person buys a second-hand vehicle from a dealer they will have certain rights under consumer law, specifically the Consumer Rights Act 2015, which requires goods sold by a business seller to be:

· of satisfactory quality – they must not be faulty or damaged when received

· as described – they must match any description given at the time of purchase

· fit for purpose – they should be fit for the purpose they are supplied for

If the vehicle does not meet the above requirements, the buyer will have certain legal remedies against the seller. Also note that there is no protection against fair wear and tear, misuse or accidental damage, faults that were pointed out at the time of sale or if you change your mind and no longer want the goods. The age and value of the vehicle will also be relevant and the expectations of older vehicles will certainly be lower.

The rights against the seller are:

1. Reject the vehicle and request a refund - this must be done within 30 days of purchase or delivery.

2. Repair or replacement – this can be done within the initial 30 days or after, if that deadline has passed and a rejection is no longer possible. If a repair is not possible or has failed, the vehicle can still be rejected for a refund, or if the consumer wants to keep it, they can ask for a price reduction. If asking for a refund or a replacement, the current value of the vehicle will be used, taking into account any depreciation in value for usage by the buyer since purchase.

As you are still within the initial 30 days after purchase and can claim that the car is not of satisfactory quality, you can approach them to reject it for a refund.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you