13262538

Is there a time limitation (as in Scotland) for claim to be

Is there a time limitation (as in Scotland) for claim to be brought in Wales — it has been 3 years since we parted and suddenly my ex girlfriend has sent me a solicitors letter . We cohabited and I understand the implications but I cannot find a definative answer to the limitation question

There are time limits in Wales as there is in England. It would principally come under the Limitations Act 1980. The Act applies to proceedings in England and Wales.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That is not very clear on reading it - which category does cohabiting fall into and how long is the limit please ? There was a law commission report in 2007 recommending 2yrs limitation but I cannot see if it was implemented .

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What claim is she actually making - this is relevant to the question

what is the specific claim? This is key

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think I have finally found the answer in the form of a House of Commons Briefing Paper - 9th March 2017 whereby it appears that there has been no change to the law and chaos still remains . Unless you know differently I am assuming she can have a go and I have to pray that common sense and truth will prevail ! Quite a big ask

Again it depends on exactly what claim she is trying to make.

If you can tell me that I can give a much more precise answer!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Beneficial title claim — my sole ownership legally ,no financial contributions from her to purchase ,no mortgage or any improvements . I made a will leaving my estate to my son after our relationship started and she knew about this. No children. She moved in from rented accommodation and lived rent free with me , contributed to food and living costs but that is all. Caught her with a neighbour 31/2 years ago and she moved out .

Then this is a Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act claim - and the Limitation period is 6 years.- although that can be extended.

Having said that she has no claim from what you have said!

Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you very much . Sorry to have been a nuicence .

You haven't at all!