29905560

We purchased a suite from SCS in 5/12/2015 and as we are in

We purchased a suite from SCS in 5/12/2015 and as we are in our sixties we thought we would buy a good one to last, we also took out a five year guarantee, but 6 months after delivery we noticed the dark brown colour was disappearing and a red colour appearing through the fading dark brown leather, leaving a rather sticky greasy feeling.
We notified SCS and they sent out one of their Technicians and he said it was caused by my hair, quite a laugh as I have very little left, this has been going on for 2 years now.
They have refused to do anything about it and have ignored letters from a furniture Ombudsman and they say they can not do anything if they refuse to answer.
We have noticed since then a few more areas fading on arms any seat area, the only thing not affected at this stage is the settee as it not used much, although it still feels rather sticky and fear it will end up the same way.
Surely they can not get away with this as far as I am concerned it is not fir for the purpose it was sold, surely everyone puts there head on the head rest of a seat or settee.
We have our insurance policy but they say we are not covered for this.
Can anything be done in a small claim court.
Thanks Bill.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

So how long after purchasing the suite did you contact them?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
6 months

OK, thank you for your response and for the phone call request. I am not available to talk at this present time but leave it with me for now and I will review the relevant information and laws and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.