29905560

I am buying a car on finance, under 3 months i had the car

Hi i am buying a car on finance, under 3 months i had the car it was not performing as it should ,i took the car back to the dealership they said they fully inspected the car (letter to prove) and nothing wrong with it ,,i have video footage that the car was in the garage for 2 hours 7 minutes, taken out on*****tests taken into the garage for about 5 minutes,nothing more done,3 months later the car s engine faiied, i put it into a garage to be repaired and the bill is £2066 pounds, my question in if send the car back on a voluntary termination by paying the rest towards the 50% owing do they have the right to charge me, when the collect the car from the garage the garage bill
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: np166hr
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not at the moment
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Do you mean the garage bill for the inspection you mentioned, where it was with them for a couple of hours, etc

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No the inspection was with the original dealership, but repairs done by another garage
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What i want to know is if i do a voluntary termination of the car because it is on finance will they bill me for the garage repairs.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can i get an answer please i dont want to call you

So did they pay for the repairs in full?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No the bill has not been payed yet
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You there

To be honest that would depend on the finance agreement as you have basically entered into a contractual and credit relationship with the finance company and your obligations would be contained in there. So the first thing you need to do is to check whether the agreement states anything about that.

Your argument would be that the reasons for the repairs were because the car was not of satisfactory quality or fit for purpose, hence why this is a cost which should be borne by the seller, not you. Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, if a car does not meet these requirements, it is for the seller to ensure that it is repaired or replaced.

As such even if they try and charge you for this, I would dispute it under the consumer legislation above as it clearly did not meet these requirements.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you