Shefin
Shefin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Experience with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

I have a new Samsung CLP365W printer connected by USB cable

Customer Question

I have a new Samsung CLP365W printer connected by USB cable to a new iMac. Everything seems to be fine and the printer is printing from an iPhone but I cannot print from the iMac
Category: Mac
Expert:  Shefin replied 4 years ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please go to the link given below, download and install the update. Restart the computer after installing the update.
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL905

Note : Please make sure that you are installing the update after downloading it. It is a big file, so it may take some time to get it downloaded.

Then, follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) from the View menu.
  3. Hold down the Option key on your keyboard while clicking the "-" (minus sign that you see on the print & scan window, along with a + sign) button. Then, choose Reset Printing System.
  4. If no printers are currently added, hold down the Control key while clicking in the box that appears above the "+" (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) button, then choose Reset printing system… from the contextual menu.

Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

If you are happy with the response or the issue gets resolved, please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

S H E F I N