David
David, Mac Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional
39216975

Apple mac wont start

Customer Question

Apple mac won't start
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.
Hi, my name is David, and I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions.

What happens at all when you try to start the MacBook?

Was there anything unusual that happened before it went like this?

Sincerely,
David.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the mac froze and it wouldn't go to it's normal state so i turned it off and turn it back on again to see if it would work again and while it loaded it wouldn't go to the login screen.

Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.
Hi Mark,

At startup, what happens, and what is the last screen it gets to?

Sincerely,
David.
Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.
Hi Mark,

I will need to log off for a bit, but I will open up the question to other experts who will see when you reply.

If I am back before your reply I will let you know.

Kind regards,
David.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it gets to the apple loading screen and just stays there

Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.

The fact you see the Apple logo at all is a good thing, it rules out a lot of potential hardware problems. This gives us a lot of troubleshooting that we can try.

You say in your first post that you tried Safe Mode. Which way did you try that? To test Safe Mode, shut off the MacBook, power it on and immediately hold the Shift button. Keep holding the Shift button until you see the spinning gear below the Apple logo. Is this the way you tried it? Can you try it again, maybe it will get you in the second time.

If you get to the login window with those steps, that is not the end of the troubleshooting. Please get back to me, as you will need to test a normal restart etc.

If that doesn't get you in, please tell me if you see the spinning gear below the Apple log or not. Also which MacBook this is, or if you are not sure then when it was purchased.

Yours sincerely,
David.