John T. F.
John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

My iPad is only just out of its 1yr guarantee and started to

Customer Question

My iPad is only just out of its 1yr guarantee and started to go wrong. It has lost all it's clicks(checked settings &switched on,will not play anything that has movement or sound and battery is running a down fast I have apple magnetic cover but that does not click . I switch off manually but it is still losing too much battery charge. Still can google send messages ,and receive email. When I take a photo it will not click .olease help. I am bitterly disappointed with my iPad performance thank you ,Mary
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 4 years ago.
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

To clarify, do you hear ANY sounds at all?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
None at all
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There are no sounds,and the battery is now losing charge very quickly.
Okay

First, let’s attempt resolving this issue with your Apple device by trying a hard reset, then proceed from there if that does not resolve the problem:

Disconnect the device from it's cord, if plugged in.

Press and hold your Sleep/Wake button (on the top) and Home button (on the front) together for around 10 seconds.

When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

The next thing you should see are the Apple logo followed by the home screen a few minutes later.

If the above does not work, plug it straight into a power outlet and try again.

Check to see if your issue still exists.

If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If so please, please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my personal service only and not this website itself or your issue.

Thanks and good luck,
John