ehabtutor
ehabtutor, Software Engineer
Experience:  Bachelor of computer science, 5+ years experience in software development, software company owner
13535664

I purchased a new iMac some three years ago and very recently

Customer Question

I purchased a new iMac some three years ago and very recently I bought an iPad for which I want some apps. Being elderly, my son (now out of the country) set up the iMac and I can not find my record of my Apple ID nor my Password. I believe my ID [email protected] (also my e-mail address) but in trying to reset my password XXXXX system rejects the answers I have given as to my date of birth and to the personal questions also, when you stated you were sending a e-mail to my e-mail address, nothing appeared in my incoming e-mails.
How do I recover or reset my Apple ID and Password ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  ehabtutor replied 3 years ago.

My Name isXXXXX and i will do my best to help you on your issue.

First go to the following link Apple ID and click on find your apple ID just under the button for creating apple ID.

Now enter your information and all possible emails that you may have used in the form you will be taken to.

After you finish those steps let me know.
regards,
ehab tutor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have tried to follow the steps and my answers have been rejected

Expert:  ehabtutor replied 3 years ago.
Did you find your apple ID after you enter your first and last name and the current email address and click next.

does it show your apple ID?

I understand that you need to reset the password, but to do that first we must have the apple ID

regards,
ehab tutor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I did not fird my Apple ID

Expert:  ehabtutor replied 3 years ago.
Obviously the data used to create your apple ID is different than what you are entering in the form, since you already cannot find the apple ID.

I think the option now is to create a new apple ID.
https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/?localang=en_US

go to the above link and click on the create apple ID.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Please take a minute to leave me a positive rating as this is the only way i get compensated for my time and effort

regards,
ehab tutor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have done as you requested but my e-mail address has been refused as my Apple ID saying that it is already in use, although earlier it was refused as my Apple ID ! All my other details which I entered seem to have been accepted.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have you received my reply - 08:49 EST ?

Nothing from you since your 08.23 EST.

I can't understand why when I am asked to list my e-mail address as my Apple ID it is refused saying that it is 'already in use', when it has previously been rejected as being 'incorrect'.

Expert:  ehabtutor replied 3 years ago.
Hi philip,
Apologies. i just got your reply.

Now what you say is that when you attempted to create a new appleID with your email, it was refused because it said it was already in use. ?

please confirm that i understand the sitiuation right?

regards,
ehab tutor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your latest - 23 Aug 13:24 EST.

I have tried again this morning - as follows:

Went to the link you advised - clicked 'Find your Apple ID' - when asked for my e-mail address I put in [email protected]' - clicked 'next' and was advised 'Email has been sent'.

But no Email from Apple in my inbox so can't go any further.

How do I find this Email ? All your Emails reach me without problem.

Expert:  ehabtutor replied 3 years ago.
you should be getting the email.

how do you access your email?

are you having any problems with email receiving?

regards,
ehab tutor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I access my Email through Yahoo Mail.

All your own Emails, as far as I can tell, have arrived without any problem but nothing from Apple or originated by Apple.

I am not having any problems with receiving any other Emails.

I am planning to go over Exeter in about half an hour, where there is an Apple shop to see if they can solve my problem.

If they can then I am afraid I will be asking for my fee back from 'Just Answer'.

Expert:  ehabtutor replied 3 years ago.
It seems to be a problem with Apple password XXXXX service. you should be getting the email immediatley. What you can really do is use another email to create a new apple ID, other than that you can go to the nearest apple shop.

This is the nearest apple store : http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/princesshay/

I hope i was able to help you as much as i can.

Please take a minute to leave me a positive rating as this is the only way i can get compensated for my time and effort.
After all this is an expert based service and i am doing my best to help you. Since the problem is related to apple service, i delivered you the service i can deliver within my hands.

regards,
ehab tutor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your Email - 24th August 09:07 EST.

I am afraid I am not going to prolifferate my Email addresses just because Apple can't get their act in order.

This appears to me to be entirely Apples failure and, I am sorry, but you must therefor look to Apple for any fee for your lack of success in solving of my problem, hard as you have tried.

If it would help you, I will certainly send Apple my strong (!) views about their failure to send me the necessary Email, if you will send me an address for me to do so.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This appears to me to be entirely Apple's failure and, I am sorry, but you must therefor look to Apple for any fee for your lack of success in solving of my problem, hard as you have tried.

Expert:  ehabtutor replied 3 years ago.
Dear philip,

we here at just answer are independent experts in different fields, and we are not connected in any way with apple or other companies.

We make our living by providing help to customer like you.

So unlees you are going to leave me a postitive rating, i will not be paid for my time and effort i spent with you.

Anyways its your choice at the end.

regards,
ehab tutor