Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My USB connections are not working between the lap top and

Customer Question

My USB connections are not working between the lap top and printer and External hard drive

my email system has slowed down, I am desperate.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is Ashik and I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

When did this problem started ? What model of Mac is this ? And when did you purchased it ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Started last night

Macbook pro

3 years old

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Elizabeth, there might several reasons that is causing the problem. It might be a driver issue, software problem, glitch or even hardware problem related to logic board.

First we can reset the PRAM and NVRAM of your Mac and see if that works or not. First, turn off your Mac by holding down the Power button for 15 seconds. Then follow the steps below;

1. Turn it back on and immediately hold down Command-Option-P-R keys simultaneosly. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears and before the chime sound.
  2. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for three times.
  3. Release the keys and the let the Mac boot up to desktop

If that didn't work, then reset the System Management Controller of your Mac. Follow the steps below;

1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
  3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
  4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
  5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,
Ashik