Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

my apple a1121 docking station has malfunctioned, first it

Customer Question

my apple a1121 docking station has malfunctioned, first it started with the actual docking port, so then I played my I-pod with an audio lead through the aux port, but after about 12 months this is not working. I just want to know of a reputable dealer/repair shop I can take it to
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Daniel :

Hello, my name is Dan. I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Daniel :

I am in the US A so I have no idea about shops around you.

Daniel :

However, that said, it has been my experience with electronics like this is to replace them.
By the time you find a shop, take it in and have them fix it a new could be bought fro less.

Daniel :

Sorry, wrong device.

Daniel :

How is that bad service?

Daniel :

I think you should replace it. Cost less.

JACUSTOMER-mmuks45a- :

I really need some advice from someone who has come across this problem with this specific product {apple I-pod docking station a1121} its not as if the product has been thrown all over the place or anything ,and by looking at the interior it would,nt make much difference, as there is so much foam/sponge protection around the components.

Daniel :

That is not at issue here. Electronics wear just like anything else. It doesn't have to suffer abuse it just has to be in service.

Daniel :

Something has quit working in the circuitry, tracking it down after disassembling it will be costly. That is why I suggested replacing it.
Not what you wanted for an answer but the best answer I can give.

JACUSTOMER-mmuks45a- :

still not very specific, I need an answer from someone who has come across the same problem

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is Freddy. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
You originally said you just wanted to know of a shop you can take it to, then told Dan you wanted to know specifically which part you need.
Can you clarify exactly which you are looking for please?
.